MOPEDO’S SERVICES & PRODUCTS
(last updated April 20th 2018)
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how and what kind of data that may be collected from you, through Mopedo Ad-technology, by our clients in order to provide targeted advertising services for a purpose of their choosing.
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to data that we collect when you visit the Mopedo website at www.mopedo.com. To learn what data we collect when you visit our website, please visit the Mopedo Website Privacy Notice.
- Mopedo’s Adtechnology
Mopedo provides targeted advertising services for our clients ("Advertisers"). When you visit a website operated by an Advertiser or a third party site where Mopedo is a AdTech provider you might accept a cookie containing Mopedo AdTech technology. We distribute programmatic technology directly to the Advertisers. Our decentralised technology enables advertisers to track their marketing campaigns and the data they use and its purpose is controlled by them. The technology runs on the Advertiser’s own systems, which means that Mopedo has no control, insight into data or marketing intentions. The technology is provided after a contractual agreement with the advertiser has been made. In the spirit of better transparency we would like to inform you of what kind of information a Mopedo cookie might collect.
Our technology uses that data as well as other data described below to help Advertisers provide ads to you that are more relevant to you.
For example, if you visit an Advertiser's website and shop for a clothing item, our technology may later provide you with targeted ads for the Advertiser’s brand of clothing as you browse the internet or through other channels.
- What kind of data that may be collected and how it can be used
The Mopedo cookie may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Advertiser website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on the Advertiser's website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what items you placed into your online shopping basket.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access the Advertiser's website. For example, your device's IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads our Advertisers have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like hw many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that received from other digital advertising companies that might be working together with advertisers using our technology (“Advertising Partners”) to help deliver ads to you and recognise you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some Advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with each other, such as your "Customer ID" with an Advertiser or an identifier associated with a hashed (not readable) version of your email address.
The Advertisers might use this data to help identify and provide ads that are more relevant to you.
- Mopedos data processing on the behalf of a data controller
Your information may be processed by us in the following way:
- While providing an Advertiser whose site you have visited our technology we may process information about how you have interacted with that Advertiser’s site or its Ads.
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations such as a platform for selling advertising space. We are required to only process your information in connection with the services we perform for our clients.
- With service providers to our Advertisers: Our Advertisers may contract with companies who handle data (such as Advertisers’ customer lists) for them.
- Data sharing of your information
In connection with legal proceedings when we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Mopedo, our Advertisers or any other third party we may disclose information about you.
- Cookies and related technologies
Specifically, the Mopedo cookie we serve through the Mopedo technology is as follows:
Expires after: 365 days.
Example value: "AXcAAAADyd5"
Our Advertisers may also drop an additional Mopedo opt-out cookie if you opt-out as described below. They may also drop cookies from our Advertising Partners for the purposes described above. The Advertising Partner cookies dropped vary by Advertiser implementation.
- Your choices and opting-out
- You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by Advertisers by visiting their website, reading their privacy notices. and following their instructions. They will provide you with the information you need to remove the cookies placed by them. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device where you have accepted the cookie.
Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser you might be asked to approve the Mopedo cookie again.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above other advertising technology and their respective opt-outs may function differently.
Opting out or choosing not to accept cookies will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information companies hold about you. You can also request that they delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at privacy@Mopedo.com. Please note that, we process identifiable information only on behalf of our Advertiser clients, and we may instead direct you to contact them.
- Data retention
The Mopedo cookie retain the identifiable data collected directly for targeting purposes for 365 days, after which time the data is de-identified by removing unique identifiers and truncating associated IP addresses.
We apply technical, administrative and organisational security measures to protect the data we process against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
- International transfers
The Mopedo cookie may transfer the information we process about you to countries other than the country where it was originally collected for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating adverts. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when data is transferred to other countries, your information is protected in accordance to applicable laws. For example, if we transfer your information from the European Economic Area to a country outside it, such as the United States, we will seek to take additional steps such as entering into EU compliant data transfer agreements with the data importer where necessary.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
- Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact privacy@Mopedo.com.
If you are located in the European Economic Area and we are processing your data as a data processor, Mopedo is a data processor of your information. To contact Mopedo please e-mail privacy@Mopedo.com or write to us at the following address: