Last modified: January 18, 2017
When you visit our websites, we may send one or more cookies (small, removable data files) to your computer. Cookies can be used to uniquely identify your browser, which allows us to enhance and personalize your online experience at Mopedo websites. For example, cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to a website and present relevant content to you when you visit. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can configure your browser to warn you when cookies are sent, or to refuse all cookies, read more here. Some of the features and services of Mopedo’s websites may not operate properly if your cookies are disabled. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with any personally identifying information.
As you use our services or visit our websites, we want you to be clear how we are using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy. Your privacy matters to us and if you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mopedo is a member of IAB, Internet Advertisers Bureau. To find out more, please visit http://www.iab.com.
Information that we collect and receive
We collect information to provide better services to all of our customers– from figuring out basic things like which language you speak, to more complex things like which services you'll find most useful and communicate in a relative way with you.
Mopedo and/or our partners may collect and receive information in the following ways:
- Account creation information. Users provide information such as an email address and password to create an account.
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any).
- Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Services.
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data that may uniquely identify your browser or your Mopedo account.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. If you would like to opt-out of Advertising ID:s for mobile targeting you can find instructions for doing so for Android here and for iOS here.
- Geo-location information. Wi-Fi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Unique application numbers. Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Mopedo when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
How we use information that we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect Mopedo and our customers. Mopedo may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer’s instructions
- to provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters;
- as required by law and
- as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the customer.
If you contact Mopedo, Mopedo may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements of our Services.
If you have any questions about your personal information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to access or update your personally identifiable information with Mopedo, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When updating your personal information we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may deny any request that
- is unreasonably repetitive
- requires a disproportionate technical effort
- risk the privacy of others
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. Mopedo does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system. Read more here.
Information that we share
Mopedo may share or disclose personal information as follows:
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Mopedo’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplating of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Mopedo or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
Mopedo may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose.
We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. We restrict access to personal information to Mopedo employees, contractors and agents that need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.